5.19.2009

Obscure Synchronicity, as it relates to T-shirts, Gummo and Skateboarding

Synchronicity is the experience of two or more events which are causally unrelated occurring together in a supposedly meaningful manner."
-Wikipedia


So a few days ago, I decided to watch one of the greatest pieces of visual art ever put to vhs for the 90325th time. The film I am referring to, of course is as follows-




Now, if you have never seen this film, do it as soon as possible. It will change your life and touch you in inappropriate places. I'll wait. Now, it was this scene in particular that gave me the HOLY SHIT the universe is one giant organism and the universe is interconnected and hippie shit blah blah blah etc moment.




Now I was watching this and had my first of two revelations. The Red Sweatpants Avenger who taps in about halfway through to lay the smack down on the chair looked vaguely familiar, and I realized he looked a heck of a lot like OG skateboard legend Mark Gonzales. I checked the credits and it turns out it is. Then my second revelation came. I noticed that the gay black midget in the background was wearing a shirt with an Israeli flag. Identical to the shirt that Gonzales wore for about 5 seconds in his part in video days. I don't give a fuck who you are or where you come from, you need this video part in your life right now. Watch it. Easily one of the top 5 best video parts of all time. In one of the top 5 videos of all time. This is the cream of the crop ladies and gentleman. Timeless.

pure poetry.

Back to the point:
FACT:
IT IS THE SAME FUCKING SHIRT. Gonz must have given it to the dude during filming.



Why do I get so stoked on shit that probably only makes sense to me? Counterpoint, have you ever been so jealous of a gay black midget? discuss
Digg this

2 comments:

  1. You are not the only one who noticed this and was absolutely stoke it....I lived in Xenia my senior year of high school

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's nice to know there are others who get stoked about random things like this... and the gay black midget is a friend of Harmony's :) AND Harmony actually got drunk when they filmed the scene with him and the midget. IT'S SUCH A GOOD MOVIE

    ReplyDelete

Oh word?