7.16.2009

Castaway, shred style

Former obscure swiss big mountain pro Xavier Rosset

spent 300 days completely alone on an equally obscure, remote, uninhabited tropical island. By choice. His only luggage was the clothes he was wearing, a swiss army knife, machete and a video camera (solar powered?). Says Xavier of his only companion on the island, a wee piglit he captured:

"I couldn't eat it because there wasn't enough meat so I took it with me and she stayed with me for three months...She was exactly like a dog. She was a very good friend for me but I didn't talk to her like (Tom Hanks) talked to the volleyball in the movie Castaway." (insert deliverance reference here)

Respect. You sir, are a badass. Documentary coming soon.

His audio blog HERE
Digg this

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh word?